Successful completion of ACLS consists of adequate performance in the following areas:
1. Basic Life Support (CPR)
2. Recognition and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest/rhythm disturbance
3. Management of Airway
4. Obtaining a passing score of 84 on the written examination.
5. Successful performance as a team leader in a code.
Class size is limited to 14 participants. You must present your current ACLS card to gain access to the Renewal Class. If your card has expired, you may take the Renewal Class, but will not be allowed remediation.
It cannot be emphasized enough that for the maximum benefit and the greatest success in the course, participants should be well prepared:
1. Per AHA, each participant must have access to the ACLS 2010 provider manual (issued 05/11) before, during and after class.
2. There will be five (5) manuals on reserve in the SMC library.
3. The on-line pre-test must be completed prior to admittance to class. You must bring your pre-test score printout to class
ACLS PROVIDER COURSE
February 04 & 05, 2013
May 13 & 14, 2013
September 16 & 17, 2013
December 09 & 10, 2013
November 19, 2013
ACLS RENEWAL COURSE
January 22, 2013
March 19, 2013
April 30, 2013
October 01, 2013
ACLS INSTRUCTOR COURSE - Core Course - (Required for all new instructors)
Take on-line course before taking Instructor Course.
March 06 & 07, 2013 From 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Download the Advanced Cardiac Life Support Registration Form