AHA: PEARS Class
Successful completion of PEARS consists of adequate performance in the following areas:
- Pediatric Basic Life Support (Infant and Child CPR including AED)
- Active participation in the skills learning stations as a team member
- Recognition and Treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Recognition and Treatment of Cardiac Distress
- Recognition and Treatment of Shock
- Obtaining a minimum score of 84% on the video-based written test
It cannot be emphasized enough that for maximum benefit and the greatest success in this course participants should be well prepared:
- Per AHA, each participant must have access to the PEARS provider manual before during and after the class.
- There will be five (5) manuals on reserve in the SMC library
Class size is six (6) participants minimum, twelve (12) participants maximum. Register early to assure your seat in the class.
March 12, 2013
November 12, 2013
Download the Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization