Ways to Give
The Samaritan Medical Center Foundation of Northern New York offers community members and stakeholders many ways to invest in your community healthcare system, as well as specific programs for donors. Below is a listing of some of the programs the Samaritan Medical Center Foundation administers. Please download our complete Ways to Give brochure for full details or please call us directly at 315-785-5785.
Singular Donations and Annual Giving:
Provide a steady donation to the Foundation once during your life or for many years.
- Samaritan Society: Donors who pledge gifts of $15,000 or more are recognized through membership in the Samaritan Society. Download our Samaritan Society Pledge Form
- Events: Sponsor our annual events such as the Thousand Islands Golf Classic, Festival of Trees and other special events.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Grants: Awarded to patients to provide the financial support they need to complete phases of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Endowment Fund: Truly a gift that keeps on giving, endowment fund gifts are invested, and only the interest earned is used to support programs - the principal remains intact.
- Children's Miracle Network: Samaritan is proud to be one of 170 hospitals throughout the United States and Canada affiliated with the Children's Miracle Network (CMN), an organization whose mission it is to ensure that all children have access to quality healthcare, regardless of their family's ability to pay.
- Naming Opportunities: As Samaritan continues to renovate and expand its facilities, this program creates an opportunity for donors to perpetuate the name of an individual, a family, a business or an organization for years to come.
A deferred donation, arranged well ahead of time, usually through wills, life insurance, charitable trusts, or gifts of property or stock.
- Stevens Society: Individuals who have included the Samaritan Medical Center Foundation in their estate plans or have created a planned gift are recognized by membership in the Stevens Society.
Honor or remember a special relative, friend, neighbor or co-worker.
- Heart to Heart: The Samaritan Medical Center Foundation's Grateful Patient, Family & Friends Program: Make a gift in honor of a Samaritan caregiver- perhaps someone who went the extra mile to care for you or a loved one.
- The Maternity Place Honor Roll: Commemorate the birth of a new baby, a birthday or other special occasion by purchasing a tile on the Maternity Place Honor Roll wall. Proceeds benefit the Samaritan Maternity Department and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Bethany Wright Remembrance Fund: Established in memory of Bethany Wright, a nurse at Samaritan Medical Center for over thirty years, this fund provides continuing education "scholarships" to Samaritan Medical Center nurses.
- Businesses of any size can demonstrate their support of healthcare in the North Country through a corporate giving program to benefit Samaritan. This can range from outright corporate gifts, to event sponsorship or a matching gift program.
- Many employers or former employers (if you are retired) have matching gift programs through which your generosity to Samaritan can be multiplied. Check with your human resources office to see if your company offers matching gifts to non-profit agencies.
Qualified gifts of real estate, such as undeveloped land, farms or personal residences, may be given outright to support the Foundation or as a planned gift.
Gifts of appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds or mutual funds provide the same benefits as money for the hospital and offer the donor the additional benefit of paying no capital gains tax.
Your Gifts at Work:
$13.5 million raised by Advancing Healthcare ... Close to Home in support of the Pavilion and hospital renovations
$350,000 in Children's Miracle Network grants allocated to local families for healthcare related needs, as well as to Samaritan Medical Center and other area hospitals and agencies for capital equipment purchases.
$265,000 given towards the construction of the new Clayton Family Health Center
Read more about these programs in our Foundation brochure.