Successful completion of the PALS Course consists of adequate performance in the following areas:
1. Pediatric Basic Life Support
2. Recognition and treatment of Respiratory failure
3. Recognition and treatment of shock
4. Recognition and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest/rhythm disturbances
5. Obtaining a passing score of 84 on the written examination.
6. Successful performance as a team leader in 2 pediatric codes.
It cannot be emphasized enough that for maximum benefit and the greatest success in this course participants should be well prepared:
1. Per AHA, each participant must have access to the PALS 2010 provider manual (issued 10/11) before, during and after class.
2. There will be five (5) manuals on reserve in the SMC library.
3. The on-line pre-test must be completed prior to admittance to class. You must bring your pre-test score printout to class.
Class size is limited to 14 participants. You must present your current PALS card to gain access to the Renewal Class. If your card has expired, you may take the Renewal Class, but will not be allowed remediation.
Download the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Registration Form