Samaritan offers a comprehensive occupational therapy program that helps the individual regain functional independence by restoring self-care activities, such as eating, dressing, bathing, grooming, home maintenance and meal preparation.
Outpatient occupational therapy staff provide services that relieve pain, strengthen muscles, improve mobility, restore function, and prevent or limit further physical disability.
- Activities of Daily Living: feeding, grooming, bathing, dressing, and home management
- Training and teaching in the use of adaptive equipment for work or home
- Exercise programming for strength, endurance, motion, flexibility, and coordination.
- Cognitive training for problems with attention, memory, motor planning, organization, problem solving, and safety awareness.
- Training for visual perceptual deficits
- Fabricate, and/or provide splinting for increasing range of motion, and function.
Diagnoses served may include but are not limited to:
- Arm dysfunction resulting from trauma or disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neurologic Dysfunction
- Work Related Injuries
- Sports Related Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain/Head Injuries, Stroke, Concussion Syndrome
- Save time and have your patient forms filled out before your appointment. Print out forms below, fill in information, and bring with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Please plan on arriving 15-20 minutes early to Registration, prior to your first scheduled therapy appointment. Our Registration area is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Please bring with you to the first scheduled therapy appointment: the order for therapy from your doctor, your insurance card, photo ID, and medication list.
For those patients admitted to the hospital, Occupational Therapy services may include:
- Assessment of Activities of Daily Living: bathing, dressing, feeding, grooming, toileting, and home management
- Adaptive Equipment training for independence following joint revisions, and/or replacement
- Upper extremity and hand function therapy
- Therapeutic exercises