Samaritan offers physical therapy services for inpatients and outpatients. Physical therapy helps individuals regain function through strengthening and re-educating weak muscles, increasing joint motion, and restoring flexibility, coordination and mobility. Our staff is well trained and well equipped to provide the personalized care each patient needs.
Outpatient physical therapy staff provide services that relieve pain, strengthen muscles, improve mobility, restore function, and prevent or limit further physical disability.
If you suffer from neck and back pain, contact Samaritan's Neck & Back Program at 1-855-214-BACK (2225) or view the Neck & Back page to learn how physical therapy may, in some cases, be able to help. The Neck & Back Nurse Navigator will help guide you through the program.
Provide specialized treatment for all areas of the body; but also have staff that have additional training and experience in:
- Post-partum care of mother and baby
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Premature Births, and injuries sustained during birth, such as brachial plexus injuries, or torticollis
- Mckenzie Back Program
- Women's and Men's Health
- Advanced Wound Care techniques
- UVB Treatment for psoriasis
- Training and teaching in the use of adaptive equipment for work or home
- Exercise programming for strength, endurance, motion, flexibility, and coordination
Diagnoses served may include but are not limited to:
- Neurologic Dysfunction
- Care following orthopedic or general surgery
- Pre/Post-Operative Strengthening for Prostate Surgery
- Incontinence training for women and men
- Work Related Injuries
- Rotator Cuff injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain/Head Injuries, Strokes, and Concussion Syndrome
- Back, and Neck conditions, or injuries
- Vestibular dysfunction
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Psoriasis, Vitiligo, and Atopic Dermatitis
Samaritan provides a comprehensive Wound Management Program that includes a Wound Care Certified clinician.
Wound diagnoses served may include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic Injuries
- Venous Stasis Wounds
- Diabetic Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
- Skin Tears
- Radiation Burns
- Wound Vac Therapy
- Save time and have your patient forms filled out before your appointment. Print out forms below, fill in information, and bring with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Please plan on arriving 15-20 minutes early to Registration, prior to your first scheduled therapy appointment. Our Registration area is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Please bring with you to the first scheduled therapy appointment: the order for therapy from your doctor, your insurance card, photo ID, and medication list.
For those patients admitted into the hospital, Physical therapy services may include:
- Assessment of bed mobility, transfers, ambulation, and stairs
- Manual Therapy
- Balance Activities
- Gait Training
- Pain Control
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Wound and Burn Care